Does your commercial ice machine have pink slime, bacteria, black ice, or bio-film? An ice machine filter typically cannot reduce or eliminate bacterial growth because they are open systems that draw airborne microorganisms. The average ice machine cleaning cost is over $200. In high yeast environments, such as baking bread or pizza, ice machines may require monthly cleaning.
That is why Drain-Tech offers the Ice Wand Slime Inhibitor. This product controls the growth of biofilm (slime) in commercial ice machines with natural anti-microbial properties. As water circulates through the system, it is exposed to the antimicrobial media, which then absorbs and inhibits the growth of mold and slime producing organisms. This keeps your ice cubes and machine clean and free of bacterial and slime.
- The proprietary media is EPA registered to control bacteria and slime and certified by NSF International against ANSI/NSF STD42 material requirements
- Patented technology containing an advanced antimicrobial media
- Easy one-step drop in installation
- Suggested replacement every three months
- Compatible with most major ice machine models. The Ice Wand is being used in ice machines like Hoshizaki, Scotsman (aka Aquabullet), Ice-O-Matic, and Manitowoc. They are used in restaurants, hotels, and convenience stores around the country.
- Controls the growth of slime in your ice machine
- Reduces maintenance costs, cutting costs, and even extending the life of your ice machine
- Reduces ice machine down time... allowing you to focus on your customers, not your machine
- Maintain a higher standard of water quality, enhancing the quality of your ice cubes and beverage service
- Non-toxic, environmentally safe, easily disposed of with normal trash
Effect on taste and odor:
The Ice Wand™ media imparts NO taste and odor on the treated water. As water freezes into ice, naturally dissolved minerals are rejected by the crystallization process, delivering only sparkling clean, fresh tasting ice cubes to consumers.
Since ice cube machines are programmed to discard the re-circulating water on a periodic basis, Ice Wand™ treated water will also eliminate the growth of slime/mold inside the drain tube, thus preventing the ice cube machine’s drain tube from clogging.
The recommended replacement frequency for a standard size Ice Wand™ is:
· Every three months in an ice cube machine of less than 1,200 lbs. daily capacity,
· Every six weeks in an ice cube machine with greater than 1,200 lbs. daily capacity
This recommendation is formulated based on data collected from extensive in-house and outside testing, as well as feedback and data collected from customers since 2002.
Basic Installation Instructions:
Step 1: Prior to installing the Ice Wand, clean the interior of the ice machine completely
Step 2: Place the Ice Wand directly into the ice machine sump and fasten according to instructions
Step 3: After three months, replace with a fresh Ice Wand
Testimony 1: "...The Ice Wand is certainly on track to insure overall sanitary conditions, eliminate potential machine failure and reduce operating costs in my store." --McDonald's Franchisee
Testimony 2: "The ICE WAND has provided cleaner and safer beverage service for our guests, reduced our maintenance costs, and has been instrumental in achieving our primary goals of quality and guest satisfaction." --Bitter End Restaurant
Testimony 3: "...Not only can I say I offer a higher quality beverage service to my customers, I do not have the headache of manually cleaning nine ice machines." -- Subway Franchisee
Related Searches: Ice Wand Slime Inhibitor, Ice Machine Slime prevention, How to prevent mold in commercial ice machine, How to prevent mold in restaurant ice machine, How to get rid of mold in commercial ice machine, How to get rid of mold in restaurant ice machine, Commercial Ice Machine Cleaning, Restaurant ice machine black ice, Ice machine bio-film, ice machine pink slime
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
We have had same ice machine in our school gym since we built it 5 years ago. Machine works great but keeping it clean has always been a chore and very involved to try and remove all the slime/black moldy pieces if you have an ice machine you know exactly what I am talking about. Sounds disgusting but it is part of having a commercial ice machine. Well we bought this installed it 2 months ago and let tell you IT WORKS! I don’t leave many reviews but I had to on this product. Ice machine still is clean with no signs of the black moldy pieces. Just break machine down before you install this and do a very thorough cleaning so you start out with a super clean machine. I am usually the one cleaning the machine and I spend 3-6 hours doing it properly. This product does exactly what it advertises.
Bought these to try in a Scotsman ice machine. Will check it in a week or so to see how its doing