Proprietary Bacterial Puck Compound
The Drain DEFENDER proprietary disc is a revolutionary product lasting 2 to 4 weeks per application. The all-natural bacteria formulation has a slow dissipation rate when any liquid runs over it. It is a simple, eco-friendly solution that uses "good bacteria" to rid drains and pipes from F.O.G. (fats oils and grease) that can clog your drains, cause foul odors, and attract pests and fruit flies. (This product contains no pesticides or chemicals).
What does the blue puck go in?
- You can put it in our Brown basket holder (sold separate)
- It also fits in our 3" and 4" Plastic Drain Strainer
How the Drain Maintainer System Works:
- Open floor drain cover, and place basket or plastic drain strainer in drain pipe
- Place 1 or 2 Defender Bacterial Discs in the basket
- When the floor is washed, and water flows into the drain, the bacterial disc starts to release the five strains of "good" bacteria into the floor drain pipe. Do not use harsh chemicals to clean the floor as this may kill the bacteria. We offer a safe floor cleaner called UltraFloor DEFENDER that compliments the Drain Maintainer System.
- The "good" bacteria continues to work to keep the drains and pipes clean.
- After the bacterial disc has fully dissipated, open the drain cover and put in a new disc.