ScrapDrain™ is the sustainable safeguard for every kitchen sink. It captures food scrap before it enters the drain system with greater capacity & easier collection to promote daily landfill diversion. Wash dishes as normal while ScrapDrain™ strains away the liquid, seamlessly separates solids, and presents a tidy transfer for organics pickup, drop-off program or local composting.
The easy-to-install ScrapDrain™ delivers 8x more capacity than the average sink strainer!
Restaurants and Commercial Kitchens
In COMMERCIAL food service kitchens, ScrapDrain™ prevents food solids from clogging the drain line and building up in the grease trap. As a result, the grease trap works more efficiently and the drain lines stays clear and flowing. With reduced solids, grease trap cleaning frequency may be extended for savings (check local ordinance). The net result is cleaner wastewater that is better for the environment and can be better for the bottom line too.
Coffeehouse Sink Drains
Waste such as coffee grounds, coffee beans, straws, and mixers often end up down the sink drain and will deposit in the drainage pipes. Eventually this stuff congeals and can block the drainage pipework. ScrapDrain™ employs a simple technique of intercepting the grinds and other solids in the sink before they reach the pipes. Staff can easily identify when the sink drain basket is full, and empty as needed. SD-50-F features a fine mesh basket perfect for every coffee house sink drain.
ScrapDrain™ is compact for all RESIDENTIAL applications. It is an ideal kitchen component in homes with municipalities that do not allow garbage disposals as well as communities with curbside organics programs for compost recycling. ScrapDrain™ creates the easy collection point from plate to compost bin. Hooking up directly beneath your kitchen sink, the food waste rinses into ScrapDrain™ where it is collected and strained. In a single motion, the stainless collection basket allows for simple transfer to the collection bin. ScrapDrain™ saves time, energy, and improves the organics recycling process.
- Fits all 3.5" (89mm) sink drains
- Internal Basket strainer heights available in 4", 5" and 6" lengths
- Standard Strainer Filter has small enough holes (2.5mm) is for general purpose use
- Fine Strainer Filter is for small particle capture such as coffee grounds, seeds and finer items without grease. The fine strainer may clog with any fats, oil and grease.
- Made in America
Environmental & Functional Benefits of ScrapDrain™
- IMPROVES wastewater quality by reducing total suspended solids and FOG
- PREVENTS scrap solids from causing clogs in drain lines & the sewer system
- SIMPLIFIES sink scrap collection & streamlines transfer to a compost option
- DIVERTING food waste from landfill helps to reduce greenhouse gases
- REPLACES electric disposals with better solids prevention and less water use