The Freedom Filter is ideal for grease trap applications to keep TSS (Total Suspended Solids) and grease out of wastewater. The 1/32” filtration has been shown to reduce fats, oils, and grease (FOG) by as much as 60% to 98%! The filter may be used in onsite wastewater systems that require a finer level of TSS removal.
- Rated for 8,000 GPD (gallons per day)
- 625 linear feet of 1/32” filtration
- Accepts 4’’ and 6’’ SCHD 40 pipe
- Built in gas deflector
- Automatic shut-off ball when filter is removed
- Alarm accessibility
- Accepts PVC extension handle
Installation: Ideal for residential and commercial waste flows up to 8,000 gallons per day (GPD).
- Locate the outlet of the grease trap.
- Remove the grease trap cover and pump tank if necessary.
- Glue the filter housing to the 4” or 6” outlet pipe. If the filter is not centered under the access opening use a Extend & Lok or piece of pipe to center filter.
- Insert the Freedom Filter into its housing.
- Replace and secure the grease trap cover.
The Effluent Filters will operate efficiently for several years under normal conditions before requiring cleaning. It is recommended that the filter be cleaned every time the tank is pumped, or at least every three years. If the installed filter contains an optional alarm, the owner will be notified by an alarm when the filter needs servicing. Servicing should be done by a certified grease trap pumper or installer.
1. Locate the outlet of the grease trap.
2. Remove tank cover and pump tank if necessary.
3. Do not use plumbing when filter is removed.
4. Pull cartridge out of the housing.
5. Hose off filter over the grease trap. Make sure all solids fall back into grease trap.
6. Insert the filter cartridge back into the housing making sure the filter is properly aligned and completely inserted.
7. Replace and secure grease trap cover.
View and download product documents: